The Case for Press-On Nails

Bookmark and Share

So I'm in my brother's wedding coming up next week, and I've been thinking about what I want to do with my nails. I was thisclose to driving to the salon and getting a full set put on, and then I remembered how healthy my natural nails finally feel.

I had claw-shaped fake nails for a few months, and I was OBSESSED with them. They really did look awesome, but I needed a break. After I got them taken off, (Ouchhhh by the way..maybe I just have sensitive nail-beds but even after soaking them, it seriously hurt when the lady was pulling them off) I was pretty disappointed at how fragile and unhealthy my nails were.

They were brittle, thin, and very prone to chipping off. After a few months of nursing them back to health using OPI Nail Envy Strengthener as a base coat for polish, I now have healthy nails that I don't want to lose any time soon.

I'm not a big fan of longer natural nails, not to mention upkeep on them is hard, so I decided to try an imPress Press-On Manicure set to add some length and have that really nice shiny-gel look.



I've tried press-on nails in the past and always hated them because of the stupid glue. The dreaded extra-strength nail glue. I was never able to guess how much glue to squirt out, so I ended up with either not enough, or too much. They either fell right off, or the glue was seeping out onto my cuticles and they were stuck on there FOREVER!

Not to mention, with the traditional glue-on nails, when I eventually took them off, the glue would take off some of the nail as well, and I remember being left with a mess.

That's why I was intrigued to try the imPress, because it seemed so easy. There's no traditional glue, the perfect amount comes already pre-applied. You just peel off the clear backing, stick it on your clean nails (the kit comes with a prep pad too), buff your nails (optional but I recommend it) and voila! Plus there are some seriously cute accent nails in the packs.



The end result ended up looking like an expensive set I got at a nail studio...all for $7.99 at Walgreens. I mean I'm really classing up this Miller Lite in a beer koozie, eh?


The package says they can last up to a week. I kept mine on 6 days, and they didn't budge a bit. But the best part? NOOO DAMAGE. So important. After peeling them off and scraping away a bit of residue, you would never even know they were on. I'm a big fan & would definitely use them again.


 What's been your experience with press-on nails? Let me know in the comments! Cheers! Xx
Information and Tips for Women

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...