Holy Crap...My Makeup Lasted 14 Hours! Here's How

Bookmark and Share

I'm sure if you follow my blog you know by now that I'm a product whore. If it's out there, chances are I've either tried it or researched it. Which is why I'm so happy I found a long-wear makeup solution that is mostly DRUGSTORE! Yep. What I find works best right now for making your face not budge an inch can be found at your local Rite Aid or CVS.

I've tried dozens of long-wear foundations over the years, and this week I really put them to the test. 

I had to work the sidelines of a football game 2 1/2 hours away, and still get some stuff done at the station before I left. So basically I had to do my makeup at 10am, and have it look good for the entire game that night, which was from 6pm to about 930pm. Oh...and it was like 90°. 

I know I'm always recommending these expensive products, but you'll be happy to know the primer AND foundation that lasted the entire night were L'Oreal and Maybelline! Score! 


Kinda obsessed with the new Maybelline Master Prime Blur and Smooth Primer. It has a great consistency and really makes the foundation last. 


The foundation I'm in love with is the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte. The primer and foundation are both around $13 each. I can't believe the coverage from such an affordable product. 


The very next day I wore one of my more expensive foundations, the Hourglass Inmaculate Foundation ($55). 


Just a few hours into another hot day, it was coming off in blotchy spots around my forehead and on my upper lip. Yes, my upper lip sweat gave me a no-makeup mustache. You can't really see it in the picture but trust me, I looked pretty silly. 


So it's not always the more expensive brands that last the longest. The Immaculate does have an amazing natural finish, but it's definitely not something I'd reach for when I had to make my face last for hours and hours. 

My other secret is Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray. I believe you can only get it online. I sprayed my face once right after I was done with my makeup, and once right before I went on for the game. I'm telling you, sweat, sun, football, running around...my face didn't move. This is a picture I took in the bathroom after the game. I got busted by someone walking in right after but whatevs. Ain't no shame in the selfie game. 


Hope everyone has an amazing Labor Day and enjoys the day off with some relaxation and yummy food...and thank you guys so much for reading the blog each and every week & supporting it. It makes me want to continue even when I feel like I'm fresh out of ideas! Cheers! Xx


Information and Tips for Women

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...