Clean Your Brushes Ya Filthy Animal!

Bookmark and Share

I would be lost without my collection of makeup brushes and my beloved beauty blenders. With my skin finally being fairly clear and under control, the last thing I want to do is apply makeup with brushes that aren't clean or have any bacteria on them.

That's why I do a full cleaning of all my brushes weekly. Usually every Sunday I gather 'em up so that they can dry overnight and be ready for the week. 

I've heard of people using many things for brush cleansing. In the past, I've used everything from baby shampoo & face wash to the expensive cleanser specifically made for the task. 

Luckily, after a tip from one of my favorite beauty bloggers Samantha Ravndahl I now have a new routine that makes my brushes cleaner in less time AND the product is inexpensive ($4.69).

The product I speak of is Dr. Bronner's Baby Unscented Pure Castille Bar Soap. Besides that link, you can find them at Target and some CVS stores.  There's a bunch of different scents, but the mild unscented in the baby blue packaging is what I recommend. There's no fragrance, and they are vegan and fair trade, so you can feel good about supporting the company, and all that hippie-dippy shiz.



It's made from all natural good stuff, like coconut oil and jojoba, and won't irritate your skin or dry out your brushes. 

Using a circular motion, while the water is running, I simply rub the brushes into the soap bar until the water runs clean. (Don't mind my little shred of soap, I need to get a new one.)




Then rinse them, getting all the soap out, and set them to dry overnight. I usually just fold a towel and set them all upright like this, to make sure all the water gets out: 



Your brushes will be squeaky clean, and ready for another week of application. Cheers! Xx

P.S. With Halloween just around the corner, be on the lookout soon for a tutorial on this half skull-face. It's easier than it looks! 


Information and Tips for Women

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...