How To: Voluminous, Messy Waves

Bookmark and Share

Let me start out by saying I am 100% Team Dry Shampoo. My hair looks so much better and is a lot easier to style when it's a little dirty. When my hair is freshly washed it's smooth, but fine and a bit droopy. I really can't get any real volume out of my hair when it's freshly washed and blow-dried. 

So when I want to have thick-looking tousled waves, I always wait until my hair is a little dirty. Dry shampoo works wonders...if you haven't dabbled, please do. I've always liked Tresseme Fresh Start but I just tried a new one that I really love and definitely makes my hair a little thicker. It's called 'Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo'. Your mom could totally use it though. She's a nice lady. It has a really nice scent and you can find it at CVS, Wal-Mart, etc. 


After you spray your hair with the dry shampoo, let it sit for a minute. Then rub it into your scalp and hair in circles. You'll see an immediate difference with the texture and volume of your hair. 

Once that's worked in, section your hair off and wrap your hair around a curling iron aiming away from your face. Curl your whole head. 


Once you've curled your whole head and sprayed it with a light mist of hairspray, separate the curls with the pointed handle of a teasing brush. 


Then tease the crown of your head and some sections of your hair lightly. 


Then brush through everything so you don't have curls, but waves. Fluff it up, and then give a final coat of hair spray. I'm a big fan of the Suave Max Hold in the hot pink can. It's super cheap but works really well. 



It's definitely a lot easier to explain in video form:



Thanks for watching loves. Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. Cheers Xx

Products Used:
-Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo $6.99 (Drugstore/Ulta)
-Suave Max Hold Hairspray $2.99 (Drugstore)
Information and Tips for Women

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...