St. Patrick's Day Makeup

Bookmark and Share

Let me start out by saying I hate the color green. Okay, not all greens...I'm a big fan of hunter & neon...I'm talking about that green-green you see everywhere for St. Patrick's Day. Yeah I know, I'm a Scrooge, get over it. 

With a name like Erin Dugan it's probably illegal to not do something green for the holiday soooo...festive eyeshadow it is!

The key to doing a color pop on your eyes and having it stay vibrant is to use primer over your whole eyelid. There's a lot of eyelid-specific primers out there but I just use the primer I use on my face (Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer) because come on I'm not made of money. I spend too many dollaz as it is on makeup to be buying a separate primer just for my eyes. Pfff. 


After putting a small amount of primer over the whole eyelid area (all the way up to your brow) and letting it dry, apply a neutral skin-tone eyeshadow all over. This will act as a good base for blending later. 

Then add a medium brown to your crease with a brush. Everyone has different eye shapes so just see what works for you and blend blend blend. 

Now, time for green! Using a different brush, apply the green shadow all over your lid. The one I'm using in this look is from the Smashbox Photo Op Palette. 


Once you have your green on, gently blend it with the brown. You want to aim for no harsh lines. 

Then add some dark grey to the corner crease and blend again. Refer to picture #4 above.

Now, add your cat-eye eyeliner. Refer to my previous blog post for more info on that. I'm obsessed with Tarte's Clay Pot Eyeliner right now because it's so smooth & doesn't budge. 

After your eyeliner, add some lashes if you feel so inclined. It's a great way to really finish off a special look. Add a coat or two of mascara on top of the lashes after the glue dries. (I'll save the fake eyelashes tutorial for another week because that's a whole other can of worms.) 


Now, for the bottom of the eye. Add either a dark green, brown, or black eyeliner right onto the rim of your eye. The one I'm using is the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil in Smoke. This is a fantastic eyeliner...no smudges with this little guy. 

Then with the same green eyeshadow you use on your lid, add some under the rim of your eye. I also went over it with a sweep of white eyeliner to make it stand out more. NYX has a great white eyeliner for this. Put a tiny bit near your tear ducts as well. Here's the final look:


Let me know if you have any questions my little leprechauns. Cheers! Xx





Products Used:
-Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshshadow Palette ($18 Sephora)
-Tarte Clay Pot Waterproof Eyeliner in Matte Black ($21 Ulta)
-Tarte Etch a Sketch Double Ended Bamboo Liner Brush ($15 Ulta)
-Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Eyeliner in Smoke ($23 Macy's)
-NYX Slide on Pencil in Pure White ($8 Ulta)
Information and Tips for Women

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...