Favorite Products of the Month: March

Bookmark and Share
I'm constantly browsing sephora.com and moseying (is that a word?) around Ulta and the makeup sections of drugstores looking for new great products. The luck of the Irish must have shivered me timbers this month because I've got a bunch of things to share with you that I'm absolutely loving right now.

1. MAC Skinfinish Mineralize in "Soft and Gentle" $32 (maccosmetics.com)


Okay I'm obsessed. I had no doubt that I would love this stuff because MAC don't make no CRAP (to phrase it like the classy lady I am) but now I don't know how I lived without it. I was on the hunt for a good highlighter, something that would actually stand out on my super fair skin, and even though this is a pricey little bugger, I really do love it.

Plus I just love getting packages from MAC. Everything is super sleek and black and just makes me feel like a fancy B. I showed where I apply it in the picture above, right above where you would apply bronzer/blush. It's velvety-smooth, makes your cheeks look more defined, and just generally gives you a really pretty glow. A+.

2. Biore Self Heating One-Minute Mask $7.99 (Drugstore)



I decided to try this on a whim and I'm glad I did. This stuff is great for you impatient girls and guys. It's a pore-cleaning treatment that only takes one minute. Who doesn't have a minute? You've already been reading this blog for a minute! You wet your face just a bit, squeeze the product into your hand, and gently massage it all over. The water activates the charcoal ingredients and it gets really warm and feels AMAZING. Rinse after one minute, pat your face dry, and trust me, your skin will feel refreshed and smooth.

3. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in #27 "Lilac Flush" $6.99 (Drugstore/Ulta)


I'm a big fan of an unexpected lip color to shake things up, like black or a deep purple, but they can be hard to wear for an everyday look. This color is just different enough to warrant a second glance, but wearable enough that you could wear it to work. It's a lovely light lavender purple with a slight shimmery finish. Not as long-lasting as some other lipsticks, but such a fun color. Can't wait to wear it this spring when I hopefully have a bit of a glow.

4. Cover Girl Colorlicious Lip Lava in #840 "Ooh La Lava" $8.99 (Drugstore)



Once you get past the dorky-ass name, you'll love this gloss. Lip gloss is probably the last thing I should be buying considering I have about 50 half-used tubes of this and that laying in the bottom of random purses strewn around my room. That being said, I love the finish of the Lip Lava. You really only need a tiny bit, and it looks great over almost any lipstick or by itself. The finish is metallic and shimmery, and unlike any gloss I have. Plus after you put it on, you can look in the mirror and go..."Ooh la laaaava!"....Just kidding, never do that.

5. Sephora Master Cleanse Daily Brush Cleaner $8.50 (sephora.com)


I'm a big fan of keeping all my brushes very clean, but sometimes it can be a real chore scrubbing them in the sink with a cleanser and waiting for them to dry. This is a cleansing spray that gets my brushes really clean, keeps them soft, and dries immediately. You just spray it a few times onto a towel or cloth, and then rub your brush in circular motions in that spot until clean. I still do a deep cleansing with a mild shampoo every two weeks, but this keeps them really nice in the meantime, and at $8.50 it won't break the bank. 

Here's a short video showing how to use some of the products I talked about:

 

That's all for this week, I'm sure I'll be doing more of these favorite-product posts in the future. What are some of your favorites? Email me at erindugan62@yahoo.com. Cheers! Xx
Information and Tips for Women

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...