Does it Really Work: Younique Mascara

Bookmark and Share

Any time I see crazy before/after pictures from any product, I get really skeptical. When I started seeing the Younique mascara pictures popping up all over Facebook, I automatically thought something was up. There was just no way only a mascara alone could dramatically increase the look of lashes THAT much.

For that reason, I never tried it. My skepticism got the best of me. Then last week my mom said she ran into someone whose lashes were unbelievable. She asked what type of mascara she used, and Younique was the answer.

I see now how the product has spread like wildfire. The best advertising is word-of-mouth and seeing results for yourself, so I gotta give the Younique marketing strategy props for a simple and successful business model. Plus, after some research I found out the company's products are all natural, hypoallergenic and cruelty-free, which is always a plus.

My mom ended up purchasing the Younique Moonstruck Fiber 3D Lashes. It comes with two separate applicators (One tube of gel, one tube of fibers) and costs $29.


The way it works is through a 3-step process. (As with any mascara, curl your lashes before you start. I promise it will make a big difference!) 


Step one
is coating your lashes with the gel. Step two is going over the first coat with the black fibers. Step three, go back over that with another layer of the gel. Depending on how dramatic you want your lashes to look, you can keep doing this three-step process to your little heart's content. In all of these pictures, I did the 3-step process twice. 


The thing about Younique is...it works. The results are really pretty crazy. I've never used a mascara system with fibers before, so I was not expecting the results I got. 

I love the look of long lashes, but I usually just throw on a strip of Ardell fakies for a shoot or a night out when I want to my eyes to pop. I'm glad I found an alternative for nights I either don't feel like going through the glue process, or just don't have any fake lashes.

I will say, your end results after a few three-step processes will not end up looking quite as clean and perfect as applying a set of beautiful, big fake lashes. Wearing Younique will look like you're wearing mascara over really long lashes. It's all about the look you're going for.

 Some problems I've heard with the mascara and my solutions:

 1. "It Looks Clumpy"....Yes, it can if not done properly. The first time I tried it was at my mom's house, and I was in a hurry to get out the door. I applied it really fast, and yeah, I could see how it could look a little clumpy or spider-y. But the next time I used it I really took my time, applying it slowly and separating the lashes with a comb throughout the process. Much more clean look. But hey, a lot of people are into the "heavily mascara"-d look, so whatever floats your boat, dude.


2. "It's Hard to Get Off"...I could see how it could be a bit hard to get off with regular face soap and water, but I have problems getting off pretty much any long-wear makeup with a regular type of face wash.

 I know I've mentioned it before, but Philosophy Purity Made Simple Face Wash really is the best out there. I kinda hate how much I love it because of how expensive it is, but man, it is worth it. After a good scrubbing of my face with that stuff, I'm left without a trace of any makeup. I mean, I even went through the trouble of making a picture with little hearts all over it for this stuff. I LUV YOU PHILOSOPHY!!!


3. "Little Fibers are Getting on My Face"...do your eye makeup last. If I'm doing an intricate or smoky eye, I always do my eyes and brows first. That way, if any shadow or mascara gets where it shouldn't be, wiping it away with a cotton swab or makeup remover doesn't mess with my concealer and foundation.


Bottom line, if you have some patience and $30, I would recommend it. You will see lengthening results. If you're more into a natural look or don't feel like going through a three-step process, skip it. 



My mom is currently hosting one of those virtual parties on Facebook now, so if you wanted to try it for yourself you can purchase it at Mary Ann's Younique Party. The good thing is, if you're not into it, they have a 100% money back guarantee.

Have you guys tried Younique? What are your thought? Cheers Xx






Information and Tips for Women

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...