Las Vegas Esthetics and Cosmetics Convention: What's Hot in Beauty and Skincare

Bookmark and Share
Last weekend was one of the best I had in a long time. Not only did I get to see my Aunt Donna who lives in LA, and play in one of the most fun cities in the world, I got to see what's new in the world of skincare and cosmetics at the Las Vegas Esthetics & Cosmetics Convention.


To tell you the truth, I was a little worried they wouldn't let me in, even though I pre-registered. The website states pretty clearly that only professionals are allowed, and I may be asked to show my license. But thanks to my fancy shmancy FREE business cards (Thanks Vista Print!)


...and my profession listed as Beauty Blogger/Reporter, I was able to stealthily sneak past security and give you a glimpse of all the action! How official is my badge!? I didn't want to take it off. 


The first impression when you walk in is...whoah. Should have worn my Dr. Scholl's. There are hundreds of booths, so many cool-looking stands, free samples being given out, everyone trying to talk to you about their company/product. It's a lot to take in at first.





Not only were companies there showing off what's new in the world of skincare and makeup, but they were also actually DOING the treatments right there. It was really fun watching how spa treatments, facials, massages, etc. are done.


Some attendees who were receiving treatments were so dang cozy they took a little snoozer right in the middle of the bustling convention. AIN'T NOBODY JUDGING YOU HUNNIE.


A company called Pure Fiji was giving out free pedicures with some sort of happy Hawaiian ritual. It was adorable. Their products also smelled like beach heaven (coconut, pineapple, etc.) I wanted to eat their Coconut Sugar Rub.



Once we started getting into the makeup stands, I had to hold back a little. I was like a little kid who just got the Barbie Dream House on Christmas morning.


 I stocked up on essentials like disinfectant brush cleaner, disposable mascara wands, and some eyeshadows at the Morphe Brushes booth. I was excited to grab some of their products, because one of my favorite makeup artists Jeffree Star talks highly of them. They have a really beautiful line of Vegan brushes, and a TON of eyeshadow colors.



There were SO many lotions and stands with some sort of serum or body cream, by the end of the day my aunt and I were covered. People were still trying to give us samples of lotions, and I'm pretty sure I was like, "I'm covered in goo. NO MORE GOO!!"



One of my favorite parts of the day was a makeup seminar I attended on how to create the perfect pinup makeup look. There were a lot of classes that were included with the entrance fee, but there was so much ground to cover, we only did one. It was set up with a camera and projection screen, so my aunt and I sat in the back so we could half watch/half misbehave. After the class, I stayed to ask the artist a few questions and she was super friendly. 


There were some very unusual booths as well. Some of the more unique services I saw offered were:

Organic Eyebrow Stippling (kind of like regular tattooing but not using a machine, using the Chinese hand-tattoo with a pointy sharp needle vibe) 



Instant Eyelid Correcting Strips (They were really interesting..made some of the women look like they had a complete facelift/eyelift) 



Fat-Jiggling Machines! They are making a comeback people. 



I'll end with one of my favorite things discovered on the day, from a brand I hadn't previously heard of. Cailyn had a huge stand, with a lot of buzz. I had to stop and check it out. They are a long-wear makeup brand with rich, creamy formulas and vibrant colors. I'm in love.



Their latest product is called the Cocoon Lip Stain. You leave it on for ten minutes, then peel it off, and you're left with a stained lip that lasts up to ten hours. You can then perfect it by tracing on top of it with one of their matching lip liners. 



I was super excited to take one of these stains home with me, but they were all sold out. You can order them online, which I plan on doing as soon as I recover mentally and financially from my blackjack losses ;)
 Thanks for reading lovelies! Cheers Xx


Information and Tips for Women

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...